Laughter, happy tears, sunshine, doggy ring bearer (!!!), and pure joy are just some parts of what made up the beautiful wedding day of Jenn and Joel. Genuine happiness was felt throughout the entire day. From the moment I stepped onto the grounds and the groom met us with a big smile and lots of jokes (very on brand for him), I felt an overwhelming sense of joy.
Jenn and Joel met while in high school and share such a sweet relationship. During the wedding, Jenn didn’t stop smiling/laughing and when Joel wasn’t cracking jokes or entertaining those around him, he was crying, haha! You can see how much love they both have for their family, but seeing Joel moved to tears when embracing his grandpa was extra emotional for me. You may have read this about me in this blog post, but I have a slight obsession with familial legacy. When I see two generations share a deep, emotional bond – it truly moves and inspires me. No family is perfect, but bond is bond, and it is a gift to be treasured.
A few things to pay attention to as you scroll through the photos:
• Their dog, Milo, was the ring bearer. He strutted onto the ceremony aisle effortlessly (guided by Joel’s dad) and he partied with the guests all night long!
• I strongly believe that all grandparents are adorable, but *please* pay attention to Jenn’s grandma’s cute red shoes (& matching red lip!) and how sweetly she embraces her husband while dancing. (yes, I cried)
• Jenn’s mama was BEAMING with pride and joy the entire day. I had the privilege of photographing Jenn, her mama, and two sisters a couple of years back and the bond they share is also very special. (You’ll see during their formal photos how she can’t help but hug her daughter tight — I’m telling you, special).
• Joel WON A CAR before the wedding. Yes, seriously. Won! Like from a raffle! I couldn’t believe how cool this was. I learned he’s very into cars. Having this car as the wedding “getaway” car to me is like a cherry on top of an already amazing, beautiful day.
• The wedding party was full of true friends and FUN people. They were game for all my photo prompts and were truly here to CELEBRATE with Jenn and Joel. And celebrate, they did!
• You won’t see it here, but trust and believe the food was delicious. A mix of Cuban, Mexican, and BBQ. Yes!!
• The DJ brought props! I love it when other vendors are also dedicated to making the experience the very best it can possibly be <3.
Happy one year anniversary to Jenn and Joel! Lots of love and joy, always!
details, d e t a i l s
Wedding Photography: Fabiane Photography
DIY: Ceremony Stand, Decorations, & Center Pieces